Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Fishing Report July 20 2008

Hi everyone!!! This is my first fishing report since before Memorial Day weekend when I became ill and had to have a quadrupel bypass. Fortunately I am recovering well and eager to get back to fishing on my own. This past weekend was a full moon but my family will not allow me to take my boat out yet. My son found a cove in the Narrows where he beached his pontoon boat and spent the day. Just for fun they put out a couple of rods with hotdogs for bait and scored seven catfish and three carp. Saturday my wife and I joined our son and his wife on their boat and headed towards the same cove. Unfortunatley that spot was taken so we found a similar cove. Using my wife's secret formula of corn meal and vanilla extract I lay on the back of the pontoon boat enjoying the sunshine and holding on to the fishing rod. Everyone else was in the water when I got hit big time. I yelled for help (I'm still a little weak when it comes to reeling in a big guy) and my daughter-inlaw reeled the fish in for me and my son netted it. It turned out to be a six pound carp which gave us a great fight on four pound test line and light rod. When we got back to the marina I stayed at my boat and fished for awhile. I was joined by Nick and Scott and we had fun catching carp to eight pounds. I am very proud of Nick. He is ten years old and he caught three good size carp and his friend Scott helped him net the fish. That evening Nadar and his cousin caught five catfish no size to speak of on hotdogs. Nick and all his friends caught a carp near the cabin on hotdogs. My neighbor at the Marina and his father went out to the east side of the lake today (Sunday) and trolled between 20 and 30 feet using a lure that went down six to eight feet and caught twelve bass up to 2.5 pounds. Last week using the same system they caught a five and an eight pounder. Hopefully I will be abl o start using my boat again by this weekend and have some great stories to share with you. 'til next week...........................................good fishing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
www.fishingconnection.net If you have any fishing stories you would like to share please email me at bestguide@hotmail.com or call me at 650-583-3333.

No comments: