Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Fishing Report August 20 2008

The last couple of weekends I found that trolling for bass has been the most productive. Early morning I like to troll in 8 to 10 feet with a minus lure that dives about one foot and as the sun goes over head I go into deeper water (20 to 30 feet) and use a deeper diving lure that goes 6 to 10 feet down. The shallower lure closer to shore. While trolling on my son's pontoon boat with my daughter-in-law (see photos) our score within an hour was three bass each. I took our friend Terry and her two sons and daughter out for a couple of hours on my boat (I have included a photo of my boat for those who have asked me what kind of boat I use - a Lund fully loaded). We trolled and had a great day catching bass with the kids (see photo). I spent one evening in my favorite cove and I decided to only use a top water lure. Within an hour's time I had eight nice size bass. Bad part of story is that I threw my favorite top water 'chugger'
into about two feet of water where I saw some activity and sure enough a fish devoured the lure and dragged it to some bushes, my line snapped trying to reel him in and alas the lure never surfaced. I waited for quite awhile and it never did come up. I had that 'chugger' for at least twelve years and it caught me a lot of nice bass even though I have another like it, it's just not the same.
'til next week............................................good fishing!!!!!!!!!!!
www.fishingconnection.net If you have any stories you would like to share, please email me at bestguide@hotmail.com or call me at 650-583-3333.

No comments: