Sunday, May 11, 2008

Fishing Report May 5, 2008

This past weekend I got to the lake late Friday afternoon. I set off to my favorite cove for the late bite. I threw my chugger at least fifty times until I got my first top-water fish and then for about an hour (from 8 to 9 PM) every cast was action. The following day I went out with my wife and we used plastics only for the bass. We caught a few and lost a few. The bite was tough becausethe bass are on their nests and did not have any interest in feeding but only in protecting the nests and teased us by moving the lines before we could set the hook. I went out later in the evening with my friend Albert and we had better luck. Once again I was looking for that evening top-water bite but nothing happened until around 8:30 PM. I was throwing a chugger and Albert was throwing a Zaro Spook and we just kept hitting fish. We landed a limit in no time. Fish were jumping all around us but not all bass. During the day light Albert threw Cast Masters at the boiling fish and they turned out to be trout. Hooking them was no problem for Albert but he had a hard time landing them. It turned out to be a great night (see photos). Sunday I went out for a couple of hours on my own. The wind had picked up and I decided to troll most of the morning. I used a crankbait that only went down about two feet and hooked up around nineteen trout. The water temperature ranged from 65 to 67.5 degrees. If next weekend is warmer, I look forward to a great fishing weekend. In the photo Albert is holding an eight pound catfish.

'til next week......good fishing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! www.fishingconnection.net If you have any fishing stories you would like to share please email me at bestguide@hotmail.com or call me at 650-583-3333.

No comments: