Saturday, December 6, 2008

Fishing Report October 26, 2008

This past Friday I took Tom out for the day. We headed out towards the ranch house at first light.
We trolled from the Narrows towards the two points at the Ranch house. There was no surface
activity in fact the water was very calm almost too calm. It stayed that way most of the day. We
could see the bass but catching them was a different story. We tried everything but could not entice
them to bite until we tried a River2Sea jerk bait which finally produced a few small bass. We trolled to
the vineyards and being the water is so low we saw a lot of structure which should be helpful in the
future. It was a real slow day for us. On Saturday it improved a little more but not much. Albert and
I had a little more luck trolling. Albert landed a brown trout as we were heading out of the marina and
sure enough as we were heading back into the marina he landed another nice trout. We tried our crappie
tree that had been successful last weekend but to no avail. My friend Al from Pacifica called me and
told me he had nine bites on Friday and landed four and on Saturday he caught fourteen bass on jigs fishing
Putah Creek along the points. Sunday I took his advice and went out for a few hours and ended up landing
six bass, two using brass & glass with a watermelon black fleck senko with six pound Pline and Procure crawdad
scent, two on a River2Sea crawdad and two on floating tube bait with splitshot. All my bass were caught on
the bottom using a very slow retrieve. There was no surface activity around me all day. It was a tough
weekend but still had a lot of fun. Hope you enjoy the photos. 'til next week..................good fishing!!!!!
www.fishingconnection.net If you have any stories you would like to share please email me at
bestguide@hotmail.com/> or call me at 650-583-3333.

No comments: